While fiscal year (FY) 2020 began on Oct. 1, Congress must still pass the 12 appropriations to fund the government through Sept. 30, 2020 (the government is currently operating under a continuing resolution [CR] through Nov. 21).
This year we’ve seen real support in five different appropriations bills, and this fall is the best time to call on Congress to include these pro-arts funding levels in their final legislation.
- Interior bill – with National Endowment for the Arts funding
- Labor, Health, Education bill – with arts education grant funds and language addressing the need for arts assessments
- Defense Department bill – includes language supporting creative arts therapies for service members
- Veterans Department bill – includes language supporting creative arts therapies and $5 million for veterans
- Justice Department bill – includes provision supporting inclusion of arts-specific intervention strategies for juvenile justice programs
Thank you for taking action to support these end-of-year funding priorities. Send a message to your Senator to show your support.
This announcement has been reposted from the Americans for the Arts Action Fund.
Celebrating Culture, Creativity, Community & Life in Our Tualatin Valley