BEAVERTON, Ore. – The community is invited to celebrate the holiday season at the city’s annual Tree Lighting Ceremony and German Holiday Market.
Join Santa Claus and Mayor Denny Doyle for the Tree Lighting Ceremony on Friday, Nov. 30. Performances begin at 6 p.m. at City Park located at SW Hall Blvd and SW Third Street, with the tree lighting at 7:30 p.m. Following the tree lighting, there will be a musical performance at 8 p.m. in the German Holiday Market entertainment tent.
On Saturday, Dec. 1 the festivities continue with the German Holiday Market provided in partnership with the German International School of Portland and presented by Chase Bank. The market brings the traditions of a European winter holiday and features the following:
- 30+ local artisans and food vendors including Edelweiss Sausage and Deli, Altengartz, Fressen Artisan Bakery, and more
- German nutcrackers, ornaments and European candy
- Biergarten with German food, Rosenstadt beer, wine, cider and Glühwein
- Live musical performances on stage featuring Mo Phillips, the GIS Choir, ACMA Classical Alive, Tirolean Dancers and Chervona
- Family tent including pictures with Santa, face painting and children’s crafts
The market is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at City Park. Visit and take your photo with Santa from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information, visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/TreeLighting or call the community events hotline at 503-526-2559. In case of inclement weather, check the website or call the hotline on the event day for updated information.
STREET AND PARK CLOSURES
On Friday, Nov. 30, SW Fifth Street between SW Hall Blvd and SW Watson Avenue will be closed, and SW Hall Blvd will be restricted to one lane northbound in the area, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
The City Park parking lot will be closed to the public from Thursday, Nov. 29 to Sunday, Dec. 2 for event set up and clean up.
Celebrating Culture, Creativity, Community & Life in Our Tualatin Valley