Welcome to the 4th annual Four Eights Artist Challenge!
You, as the artist are challenged to create and complete four 8”x 8” painting canvas’ for submission in the FOUR Eights Arts Challenge.
The canvas for this challenge is included with your registration fee. You may not use your own canvas for this show.
Your canvas need not only use painting as a medium, please do not use anything toxic or dangerous, or that exceeds the dimensions of your canvas, you can use the medium of your choice.
Only one registration per artist.
Student work is not accepted.
Shipping/Mailing address is only for your commission payment for sold artworks, all canvas must be picked up, in person, as stated below. Please make sure you provide your complete mailing address, including CITY, STATE abd ZIP Code as payments for sold artworks will be sent to that address at the end of the event.
Registration by someone other than the artist, may result in your registration being cancelled. In other words, the artist must do their own registration.
Refunds of registration fees are not permitted.
Not for Sale artworks will not be accepted.
All artwork will be exhibited and made for sale at
The Sherwood Center for the Arts, located at 22689 SW Pine St, Sherwood, OR 97140
Visit the Four Eights and Artist Challenge website to register.
Registration Deadline: July 28, 2019
This show is coordinated by Makers5.
This is a NON-Juried show. Once you have signed up and paid, you are participating in this Art Challenge. When you sign up you agree to these rules.
- No incomplete registrations forms will be accepted. You Must have the form describing your artworks and their prices when you turn in your art.
- Registration must be submitted by the due date. You must pick up your canvas on the distribution date.
- The Art Challenge is open to all adults over the age of 18.
- Artist receives 65% of the sold price of art work. The remainder is a commission paid the Sherwood Center for the Arts. You will need to provide your tax identification number to the Sherwood Center for the Arts if you have sold artworks. They will remit funds to you for your percentage of sold artworks.
- All artwork must be original and produced onlyby the registered artist – no collaborations on the canvas’s distributed on canvas pick up day. You cannot resubmit artworks from previous years show.
- Sold canvases will stay in the gallery for the duration of the show, however the Arts Center Staff can make exceptions at their discretion. All artworks will be available to pick up by buyers when the show closes. Sold artworks will be marked as such during the show and buyers will need to pick up their artworks at that time. Any sold artworks not picked up on the show close date, will require special arrangement for pickup with the Sherwood Center for the Arts.
- Artist unsold Artworks will also need to be picked up at the end of the show. Unsold Artworks not picked up timely may be disposed of after 30 days from the show end if not picked up. Unfortunately, we have no space to store your artworks after the show.
- All art must be for sale. No sales are allowed before the show opens.
- Registrants not following protocol will have their pieces removed from the show.
- All 4 canvases must share a theme. Example: Mountains, Butterflies, Rivers, Animals, sun the theme isYOUR choice etc.
- 11.Works can be of the same medium (example: watercolor, mixed media, encaustic, etc.) or of different mediums. All parts of your artwork must be securely fastened to the canvas, we cannot accept wet artworks or peeling artworks
- You may add a substrate to the front of the canvas. No hanging hardware should be attached to the back of the canvas. We will be hanging using the depth within the back of the canvas
- Your 4 canvases will hang vertically on the wall with space between each canvas. If you want your canvas to hang in a particular order, please number the back. Please mark the back top of each artwork and write your name on the back as well.
- Canvases must be priced between $25 and $100 per piece. No lower than $25 and no higher than $100. You can create a group price with all 4 canvases. (Maximum group price is $400.) Canvas must be able to be sold individually, we cannot except restrictions of only selling as a group this year.
- Your canvas kit will include 4 primed canvases, rules, inventory page, and other important information.
- The Sherwood Arts Center is a family friendly venue, so no nudes or extreme violence, please.
Please deliver your artworks on the designated day of turn in only. This will be communicated via Email.
Address for artwork delivery:
Sherwood Center for the Arts,
22689 SW Pine St, Sherwood, OR 97140
Questions? Contact Sharon Orella.
Dates: Please record these dates and keep them on hand for reference
Registration Opens: June 29, 2019
Registration Closes: July 28, 2019
— Artwork drop off Date: Friday, October 4, 2019
—Artwork Pickup Date: Friday, December 6, 2019
Email will be sent to all participants with instructions on where and when to pick up your canvas. You should receive this email by August 4th.
This will include your delivery date, artist reception information and show data.
Celebrating Culture, Creativity, Community & Life in Our Tualatin Valley