The Cultural Arts center is looking to fill two part time positions, one in each of the following focus areas:
Cultural Arts Division – This is a part-time position approx. 23-26 hours per week.
This position supports the Cultural Arts Division and reports to the Cultural Arts Program Manager. The Facilities Supervisor assists with coordination of marketing and communications for concerts, workshops and classes, as well as networking and outreach events and the public art program. Strong computer and communication skills are essential, including high proficiency in social media and digital communications. Candidate should be detail oriented with thorough follow through and be able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team. This position assists with website updates, social media postings, drafting press releases, e-blasts, magazine articles, booking print and digital advertising, and supports graphic design projects.
Community & Public Arts Programs – This is a part-time position approx. 16-19 hours per week.
This position provides support to the Community Arts Program and the Public Art Program of the Cultural Arts Division. The Facilities Supervisor assists with coordination and communications for programs, workshops, the monthly meetings of the Hillsboro Arts & Culture Council (HACC), community grant applications, artist selection, volunteer coordination, networking and outreach events. This position helps arrange meeting logistics, provides audio visual support and takes minutes at formal meetings. Strong organizational, computer, customer service and communication skills are essential. Candidate should be detail oriented, with thorough follow through and be able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Department: Parks and Recreation
Pay Range 11: $16.53 – $22.38 per hour
This is a Part-time position. Sick leave and TriMet pass are provided. Benefits such as vacation leave accrual, holiday pay, medical and dental insurance, and other similar benefits are not provided.
Close: February 14, 2018
The Parks & Recreation Department is recruiting for the above position. See attached job classification for more information. We are also recruiting externally at this time.
Persons who are not current City of Hillsboro employees are welcome to apply through our online application process found here: Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Jobs. Email applications will not be accepted for external applicants.
General Statement of Duties:
Prepares and supervises building and facility set-up, building rentals and various programs specific to the functional area of assignment; performs directly related work as required.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- High School Diploma or GED,; and
- Some previous work experience in Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Art Administration, Public Relations, or a related field; or
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Eligible persons who are qualified and interested in applying for the position must deliver a letter of interest, resume, and supplemental responses to the Human Resources Department (150 E. Main Street, Second Floor) OR you may email your application materials to Recruitment@hillsboro-oregon.gov as a PDF or Word attachment by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, February 14, 2018. The letter of interest must include the hiring process number (HP#2018-77). If you have any questions regarding the information in this announcement, please contact Carlton Babbidge, Recruitment Analyst at extension 6425.
CITY OF HILLSBORO
CULTURAL ARTS FACILITIES SUPERVISOR
PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
Please prepare word-processed, handwritten, or typewritten responses to each of the following items. Relevancy of your experience and training, together with composition, grammar, spelling, punctuation, legibility, and neatness will be considered when evaluating responses. Provide as much detail as you believe will fully describe your experience and training.
Applications without a resume and supplemental responses will not be considered.
- Which position would you like to be considered for; Cultural Arts Division, Community Arts Programs, or both? (Candidates will only be eligible to fill one of the two positions)
- Please describe your experience in project and/or event coordination. What was your role and what did you do to make the project/event run smoothly?
- Describe your writing and editing experience; including articles, web text, meeting minutes, press releases, and/or other promotional materials.
- Please describe your experience with various art, design and/or office software, applications, and social media platforms?
- What experience do you have working with boards, community committees or project teams?
- Please attach a resume.
Celebrating Culture, Creativity, Community & Life in Our Tualatin Valley