Do you have ten minutes to spare? Bob Dodge has partnered with Stages Performing Arts Youth Academy to put on a night of six ten-minute plays written by local authors. To be performed in Hillsboro, OR.
- We encourage all ages, young and old writers to submit an original script.
- Authors can submit more than one complete script for consideration.
- We will provide the venue to see your play performed.
- Plays should be 10-12 minutes long. Please do not submit anything longer than 12 minutes. Preference will be given to 10-minute scripts.
- Please no children or fairytale plays, otherwise plays can be comedy, mystery, farce, dramatic, tragedy, etc…
- Plays should be G or PG rated.
- No more than 6 actors. Actors may be required to perform in more than one play.
- Should have minimal stage setting.
- Script should be in standard written script format. Character’s name in the middle with the line below.
- The plays will be chosen by committee.
- Please submit script to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 1, 2019.
- In the subject of the email, “10 min submission (name of play)”
- Please include cover title page and character descriptions.
- Send two copies of each script in PDF format please. One copy is a blind submission. Title this copy, “Blind, Name of Script.” The other copy should be complete with name and contact information in the cover page.
Here is your chance to become a playwright. We are looking for some great 10 minute plays to read and compete in this contest. Maybe your play will be chosen to be performed! Read the instructions carefully and if you have questions contact Bob Dodge at the email posted above.
Visit the STAGES Performing Arts Youth Academy website to learn more.
Celebrating Culture, Creativity, Community & Life in Our Tualatin Valley